Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It has been a while since I last blogged. The workload for this past weekend was just simply insane. Hopefully it will get a bit better. If it gets any worse, well, let's not think about that.

Right. Thursday night, I had Char Kway Teow at Kiasu. Yes, I know it sounds rather dull talking about what I had for dinner on this day and that day, but all I can say is that I live to eat.


Char Kway Teow (Penang style i.e with less sweet flour sauce)

The food's quality was really authentic and the serving size was decent for me at least. Price-wise it was ok. On the whole though, I did not like the place. I guess it was the service, and the "blue-ness" of the place.

Friday was quite an eventful day. I visited Borough Market for the first time in my life, and I must say that despite it's size, it is one heck of an awesome place for food. The chocolate brownies and toffies were out of this world.



Some of the interesting sights at Borough Market.

That same night, the LSE Cathsoc went back to Rock and Sole Plaice for dinner. Mmmm...good, old-fashioned fish and chips with a marvellous tartar sauce. Yummy.



The Rock and Sole Plaice. Don't you just love it when they come up with such inventive names for restaurants?

After dinner, we headed over to Bar Ciao for ice cream. It was a really nice gelato restaurant, albeit a bit smoky. The quality of the gelato made up for the smokiness I guess. The "pasta" I was just awesome.


What we ordered. Anthony ordered the orange thing, which was some orange-liquour contraption. Totally insane.


Anthony doing what he does best - ACT COOL!


What I ordered. "Tagiatelle". Really good ice cream.

A new day beckons. So too the Spring Break. I could do with some time off.

See you in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home