Thursday, January 25, 2007

It was just another Wednesday morning. Or so I thought...

Having woken up at about 8, all lethargic and groggy, I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed and headed to the dining hall for breakfast. Upon reaching the lift landing, something caught my eye...


NO KIDDING! That white thing was really snow! Seems like the BBC was right about the weather forecast after all. For once at least.

It was just as well that over breakfast, ZhenQiang decided to make a trip to Regent's Park to check out, take pictures of and play with this fascinating white substance called snow.

Armed fully with our heavy duty winter-wear and our snapping devices, we left for R.P in haste, lest the snow melted before we arrived.



Right. Many of you might think us too trigger-happy to take such shots. But hey, it's not like you see something like this everyday do you? At least not in London.


A snow-covered car. Pity the owner hahaha.

We reached R.P in good time, and immediately put our cameras to good use.






Some "scenic" shots. I have NEVER seen Regent's Park like this.



Of course, no winter would be complete without a snow fight would it?








More random (scenic) shots.


YES! This is a dustbin alright! I just thought, the way the snow formed a sort of duvet atop the bin was really neat.


London Business School, where my Mum did a 4-week course 8 years back.


London Central Mosque


The first of the few Mr Frosties we would encounter



Ah, this Snowman looked in much better shape, pardon the pun. I even gave him rabbit's ears!


One could perceive BT Towers in the distance


This mini lake was frozen! The cup's there as evidence


A frozen tap

Zhen Qiang and I decided that, in the spirit of fun, we would create our own Mister Frosty as well.



Yes, considering it was our first attempt, it was a pretty remarkable achievement! Seriously, it's the first time I have ever made a snowman! He didn't have a name though.

Unfortunately, ZQ had to return to hall to get his stuff as he had lessons, leaving me to check out Primrose Hill (and the view she had to offer) alone.


This was, by far, the best snowman we saw. As you can tell, it had a Lucozade bottle for a nose and a bonnet. And it looked nicely fed/fat. His creators took care of him really well.




Miscellaneous hill-top views.

Right. A totally cool experience. Well, those who have been skiing will probably feel that what you might have just seen was nothing compared to what you have experienced. Alright, the thing is, all this happened in Central London, right at my very doorstep. No additional costs were incurred during this mini-trip.

In addition, this snow actually gave me an excuse to visit Regent's Park leisurely and really admire whatever was on display. I mean, when I go jogging on the outer road, I hardly have time so much as to even glance at my surroundings, focusing soley on the road ahead. In a way, I killed 2 birds with one stone today then.

Of course, along with the snow came the relevant puns, e.g "There's snow way I'm going out there." or "Snow joke this weather.". Haha, the punster is always filled with such cold jokes.

What a day. In fact, by the early afternoon, the sun had made a brief cameo. Bloody hell! What has global warming done? In the short term at least, it has made the scenery in London nicer? I'll leave you to decide whether that's true or not, and well, more photos on that next time.

Right now, I'm going visit a special place where dreams do come true.

Good night mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home