Friday, November 24, 2006

2 weeks to the end of term. Well, 2 weeks and 3 days.

Has been a pretty cheerful week, save the Monday morning blues. Unlike the previous week, however, they did not last for too long.

Cricket trials part 2 was pretty fun. I have to say that while I am no Andrew Flintoff, my bowling has become a lot more accurate. I was battered about 5 times in all (which would have gone for 4 or possibly 6 in a proper match), but most of the time I had the batsmen defending, and restricted them to at most one run per ball. Some of the shots which the batsmen made might have been caught. In fact, I got one wicket! No, it wasn't an lbw, neither did I bowl the batsman. All he did was attempt a swing one ball which I bowled, missed, lost his balance and somehow hit the stumps while turning back. Ok, it was a major fluke, but it was a funny moment really.

Unfortunately, I was hopeless as ever at batting. I needed to be "tutored" in how to hold the bat. I was then bowled twice. Sigh. Actually, I would like to feel the bat a bit more, to be able to hit the ball well, and someday become a Master Blaster like Sachin Tendulkar was.

I've been eating lots of takeaways lately, especially from China House, the much talked about Chinese/Cantonese restaurant that sells takeaways for 3quid50. The XO Sauce has really come in handy these few days.


Beef Hor Fun with Black Bean Sauce (from the previous post)


Fried Noodles (Chow Mein) with Duck and Black Bean Sauce. The Mein dish for that night haha.


Chicken Fried Rice. Mmmm. All these were taken with my webcam!!

I was treated to even more good Chinese food on Wednesday night. My mum's friend was in town, and she brought me to Joy King Lau. The Roast Duck and Lobster Noodles there were absolutely exquisite. Thanks auntie for the treat!

Thursday saw the Poster guys come to LSE. Selling posters at like 3 for 5 quid. I just went berzerk and got myself like 7 posters. Have a look at them. I re-decorated my room for the 8798325134th time.


The Green Lantern no longer has the entire wall to himself. He must now team up with the Rastafarian, Bob Marley!! Strange tag-team, but I think they could be quite a force to be reckoned with. "Green ring-ed soldier, in the heart of America..."


A clearer picture of Bob Marley. Rasta fari, Haile Selassi!



Spidey. Which way up do you thing he is?


Life is indeed full of difficult choices. Which should I drink?


It's past 12:51 already.


Well do ya do ya do ya wanna?



So the wall overlooking my resting place looks a little more colourful.

I still have a black-and-white poster of the city of Paris, but it looks a bit gloomy, so I shan't post it.

My wallet's feeling lighter these days, but I'm happier so I guess the money's been well spent. In any case, I'm still within my budget. Shall TRY to save up for something special. I'm always trying, aren't I?

Ok I hope you like the pictures. I'm off to prepare myself for tomorrow morning's Economics class, by sleeping of course.

By the way, the Ashes have begun. Go Aussies!!

Cheers mate.

1 Comments:

Blogger magdalen said...

i want those cool posters too!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home