Monday, November 13, 2006

So begins the Seventh week of term.

Last week, a new addition was, well, added to my room to, shall we say, liven up the atmosphere.



Borat Sagdiyev, the "Kazakhstani" journalist. I still can't forget that outrageous movie of his. Totally mind-blowing. "Borat" is without doubt my top search on Youtube, and I end up laughing till I tear everytime I watch this bloke, even if i might have watched him many times before. Insane.

On Wednesday, I embarked on a "long" run/jog around Regent's Park. The total distance from my hall to the park, the entire circumference of the park was about 7+ km. Tiring indeed, but it made me feel a little less guilty about indulging in too much roast duck and hot chocolate.

Indulge in roast duck I did, as I embarked on a short march from school to Chinatown on Thursday evening. In economic terms, there's some sort of "Perfect Competition" going on between the Chinese restaurants in Chinatown (Well it is more like Monopolistic Competition, if I remember my JC economics jargon correctly). Point is, the duck rice in all the restaurants were about the same, so I eventually settled for the cheapest one. In the spirit of healthy living, I walked back to my hall from Chinatown. Not very far I'd say, and the free newspapers I collected along the way served as insulation for the meal-to-be.

For the first time in my life, I watched Braveheart with some hallmates in one of our rooms.



The supposed highlight was this fat Scot saying "I'll crush you like a wor-em!" to Mel Gibson's character. Honestly, it was not exactly the most inspiring film I've watched. The actual highlight of the film, where Gibson mustered every ounce of strength to shout the word "Freedom" just before he was beheaded, was arguably the only enjoyable part of the film. Having watch LOTR, where the battle scenes were well and truly EPIC, Braveheart really paled in comparison. Perhaps I would have felt differently about Braveheart had I watched it when it was just released.

Saturday was Notts Games. I awoke and the unearthly hour of 4am just so that I could arrive in school at 4.45am and take the bus to Nottingham. The games were ok I guess, though it was difficult for me to stay awake throughout the day. At about 5pm, I took a short nap at the common area leading to the sports hall, in full view of everyone who entered and left the place. Didn't bother me of course, since I was dead beat.

I realised, as the day ended, that the University of Nottingham was the only university out of my 6 UCAS choices that rejected me. I'm glad they did, because Nottingham U is, in my opinion, a rather boring place, compared with the sights and sounds of London, around LSE. To each his own, so I hope that people from Notts reading this are not offended.

On Sunday, I went with some friends for lunch at Chinatown (again) after Mass. The set meal was worth it, I must say. For 6 pounds I got a soup, a huge plate of fried beef noodles and a dessert. I'm a student, so I shan't ask for much. As has become my custom, I walked back to hall after lunch.

Sunday was also when I made my maiden bus journey, from my hall to my mum's friend's place at Victoria. It is actually fairly simple to take the bus, and it is better than Tube-ing because it is less claustrophobic, and of course it's cheaper. It can be fairly pleasing when one sources out a way of saving cash.

The week stared on a tired note, as always. During my 3-hour break this afternoon, I made my way to Lords Cricket Ground to buy myself a BOX (read groin guard). It is a good idea to protect onself during sports, especially if it involves, erm, sticks and balls. Right.

Another post draws to its conclusion. I should get down to watching some plays real soon. Dirty Dancing / Avenue Q / The Producers anyone?

Alright. work time.
Recognise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home