Sunday, November 05, 2006

The past week has been, on the balance, a fairly satisfying one.

For the very first time, I patronised this small Chinese restaurant near my hall called China House. The 3 pd 50 takeaways seemed rather reasonable in my opinion. While the duck rice I brought back to my hall cannot compare to the likes of Leicester Square or Bayswater, I did not have to spend any additional cash on taking the tube or paying more for the Chinatown / Basewater duck rice, which is about 4 pds plus. For 3 pds50, the China House one was decently filling. In addition, I had XO sauce in my room...

Friday was TGIF. Sadly, everyone else ended late, so I went back to my hall and took a nap, then went for a run in shorts. The weather was a tad chilly, but it felt really good. My legs were up to the challenege, though my hands were on the verge of dropping off due to frost bite.

As it was the end of the Halloween week (Guy Fawkes they call it? Not a pleasant sounding name if you ask me), fireworks lit up the London sky for a few nights, and I was lucky enough to get an unobstructed view from my room. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly a skilled photographer.


This was the only decent shot I guess.

The week-end was fairly eventful. Saturday afternoon started with meeting Amir, my friend from JC now at Bristol, along with 2 others, at Lillywhites. The sports apparel on offer there will make one spoilt for choice, especially the football jerseys. I have never come across West Ham United or Portsmouth jerseys on sale. And the England one is only 13quid99. I do not support the England national team (in fact I think they suck) but the jersey has a rather funky design. Maybe I'll go get one sometime soon.

We then headed to Leicester Square where we had some awesome doner kebabs. I have seen so many of those huge chunks of meat slowly roasting away, and they have never failed to tempt me. So I finally satisfied this craving today. Mmmm..


That's the famed bear at Leicester Sq. I'm not sure what he's called, but I must say he was not exactly very friendly towards me. I felt quite hurt frankly. I do have some suspicions as to why he behaved that way, but I shan't publicize them here.

Dinner on Saturday night was a cook-out at Rosebery Hall. Food was exceptional, though I was feeling ill that day, so I did not dine like how I normally would. No disrespect to the chefs, the cooking was outstanding, it was just that I was simply not well.

Then I watched Borat at night. "Gendobre yagshemash!" Obviously that's not Kazakh, but it was hilariously funny! To the extent it was a bit over-the-top, but still I laughed until I teared! "My wife dead. HIGH FIVE!!" Insane. If going to Cambridge to made Sacha Baron Cohen turn out the way he is now, then maybe I should have tried for a place at Cambridge too. I wonder if studying at LSE will make me end up like...

This weekend, I finally attended Mass at the Newman House Chapel for the first time. Music was good, so was the homily. And the priest is quite cool too. I then had lunch at the church basement. The main course of the day was this Polish meat stew with boiled potatoes. Ahh....heartiness epitomised. I do not exactly enjoy eating Sauerkraut, but on this day when mixed inside the stew, the meal was exquisite. Dessert for was pancakes with fruit in yoghurt which I passed, mainly because there was alcohol in the fruit, and I needed to work.

On a concluding note, today's the day I have waited for for quite some time - ORD LO!!!!! Never thought I'd see the day where I could say these 3 (actually 4, including the LO) syllables. Well, you can now address me as MR Vera. Thank you.

Ok. I will heading to Laa-Laa Land now. I will try to update soonest.

Chin quie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home