Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's now 3.30am on a Saturday morning. As the working week draws to a close (it already has), I thought it'd be fitting to share some rather, erm, memorable experiences with my DFRs (Dear Faithful Readers).

I have to say that Catholic Society is a pretty happening place. In my first week, I got to know Marie (from France) and Roberto (from Italy). This time, I got acquainted with Miguel, a Finance pHd student from Spain. He also happens to be a member of Opus Dei. That's rather intriguing if you ask me. Hopefully I'll get to know more people from exotic places around the globe.

On Friday, I somehow bumped into Father Iain in school. Seriously speaking, he's quite a witty chap. He mentioned "We are coming up with a pro-life education programme. The plan is in an embryonic stage.". As I discussed the prospect of watching a football match, he mentioned "Perhaps we could watch some second rated team like Chelsea.". Haha, now that's what I call a sense of humour.

And I finally got to play my first game of pool at HPH. Not the best of conditions to play in, but I won anyway! Guess all the training with the brothers really helped.

Friday night was Crush!! It was a Halloween ediition of Crush, though I did not bother dressing up as Barney or something. The quality of song choices was not exaclty consistent, though I did have some fun. Like the "Intellectual" drinking game I played with this UCL guy Oliver. It consisted of asking each other general knowlegdge questions and if we could not answer them, we had to drink. I stunned myself with my intelligent guesses, answering 2 out of his 3 questions correctly. He could not figure out both of the questions I gave him though, so I guess that's something to be proud off. Here're the questions:

1. Who's the longest serving MP in the world? Ans: Fidel Castro (I answered, in true patriotic Singaporean fashion, LKY)
2. When did Manchester United first win the European Cup? 1968 (my question to Oliver, which he got wrong)
3. Who's the best selling artiste of all time? Elvis (I got that right)
4. What's the Capital of Slovakia? Bratislava (He got it wrong)
5. The richest South American Country I.T.O GDP? Argentina (I got that right)

Besides learning some interesting facts, I also got to try Aftershock and Snakebite, the former being some anaesthesia-tasting drink which leaves your tongue totally numb.

Then there was this bloke in the toilet who was quite obviously drunk. While taking a piss, he noticed two little creatures crawling on the wall. "Hey, I found two spiders here. Anybody hungry? I can sell them at 50 pence each. There're at least 3 grams of protein in each one."

Ok the alcohol is taking it's toll on me, so I think I will go to sleep now. The rather inviting bed is about 30cm behind my chair.

G'nite mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home