Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Grey skies have descended upon the City on London, and it's effects have crept upon me without warning.

Have not been feeling very cheerful these few days. Somehow, my mood has taken a turn for the worse, and I've become a tad irritable, and for no apparent reason. Strange it seems.

I don't know, the person who has been yearning for good company has found this queer desire to some solitude and quiet. I guess we all need space sometimes, don't we. Breathing space, space to move about, even the space to think and reflect. As the classic Chicago song goes, "Even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other.". Not exactly loved ones in my context, but fairly close I'll say.

Everyone seems to be drowning themselves in books these days, and perhaps I should follow suit. But there are just too many distractions around. I can't seem to channel this negative energy of mine towards something positive. Something purposeful.

Ok, maybe it's just the effects of Monday blues. The week will get better. It CAN only get better I guess, with a Cathsoc Mass followed by Cream Tea on Wednesday, possibly Dinner with some good ol' JC pals (Indians!), Crush and most significantly (to me at least), a huge visit to Westminster Cathedral on Sunday. Hopefully this balancing act will come good.

On a slightly brighter note, hall food has been exceptional. As in, exceptionally good. For the past few nights, I have cleared my dinner plate with ease. I guess that's a slight boost for my finances, considering how I'm saving some cash by not having to buy dinner. Of course, a good meal of fried hor fun or duck rice once in a while won't hurt my wallet, would it?

Term ends in about 4 weeks. While I won't say that I miss my home like mad, it'll be nice to finally be able to meet my loved ones again.

Now, I'll TRY to study (keyword is TRY)
Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chwen said...

Don't worry bro, its the army bug... I'm having LOADS of difficulty settling down too... and WHAT DO U MEAN BRAVEHEART WAS A LETDOWN?! It was such a good show la, didn't u feel so touched when he died for his country and the last part when all the scots went into battle for him? Okay, maybe i'm just a sucker for shows like this, but ah well

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home