Monday, February 05, 2007

January came and went a little too quickly. The good thing is the Easter Break is not too far away. The not so good thing is, this means that the final exams are not too far away either.

Well, as you probably inferred from my previous posts, I went to Manchester during mid-week for a pilgrimage of sorts. Unlike the last time, I had a lot more time to explore the city entre and the area around the Theatre of Dreams.

The trip started very well, with Jia Chuan smartly spotting Jenny's, where they served 3-course lunches for 5quid. It sounded a bit suspect at first, but well it was a LOT - Soup, roast meat with a vegetable buffet and a slice of cake. For 5 pounds! As Cheng put it, it was arguably the best meal we have had in the UK thus far.

And of course, there was the match. We were seated at the East end, which was rather unfortunate because 3 of the 4 goals were scored at the West end. No worries, I managed to get Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty on video. And the 35pounds were damn well worth it.

Alright, here are some photos of the sights I could not fully appreciate last time round.


Haha, this logo was quite hilarious.


Even the stretch of road leading to O.T is named after a Man Utd Legend.



The time and date of the Munich Air Crash, and the United Players who perished. February 6th 1958 - We Remember.


A perfect shot, with the club logo in the background


Before the match. Stretford (West) End was in the background.


Where I got my 4pound kebab dinner from. Exobitant, but huge servings.


Now, I couldn't miss a shot with the metrolink station named after the Theatre of Dreams could I?

So we reached London on Thursday at around noon, when it could have been at 6am if we were willing to pay 5quid. We ended up getting swindled by a fake Serviceman and chased out by one rough-and-tough security guard at the bus station. Still, while we might rather have been sleeping, it was good fun, seeing good ol' Chih Chwen laugh like he has never laughed before! And Wesley was quite amusing too, though I felt a bit sorry for him. And Vernon made me realise how fun "Guy Talk" can be haha. Real player this guy - plays on the left and plays on the right. All in all, GG GUYS!!

Thursday night was the first of the Anthropology play series at the Camden Peoples' Theatre. While it was a simple affair, I was pretty much impressed with the entire performance. The only downside was that the theme was very feminie, as a result some parts got bitchy and I could not stand it. This is not to say that the acting was crap or anything, just that I could not relate to the theme. It was a marvellous effort nonetheless.

Friday night saw me break new grounds. I lost a game of monopoly, having died as a result of Supertax. Right. And to think that at one stage, I owned the Dark Blue and Orange areas, and had houses on them. Go figure.

On Saturday, seeing the the sun was out, I decided to get the heck outta my room and go for a run at Regent's Park. Boy did I make the right decision. It was a thoroughly enjoyable run. The endorphins really made me high, but what was even better was the view from the top of Primrose Hill on a clear, sunny, winter afternoon. Sounds oxymoronic, but it aptly describes the weather for that day. Unfortunately I did not bring my camera with me. That view spurred me on and made me complete the run. Woohoo~

That evening, I attended a Jazz concert at Netherhall. A big thank you to Miguel for organising this. A lot of Cathsoc people came down, and it was great fun. Listening to the fantastic tunes being belted out, enjoying the food and beer, and of course enjoying the company of each other.


Before the concert. Anthony enjoying the comfortable seats at the auditorium.



See the difference?


Roberto was evidently quite drunk. Even before he came.



Group shots



Shots of the performers


The first ever picture on my camera with Anthony only.

Sunday was a normal Sunday. Church, lunch with the crew, match at the Tavern (with a pint of course) and work. A relaxing way to end off the week. And of course, there are certain things in life that can make me happier:



Waitrose Belgian Chocolate Milk and M&S Triple Choc Crunch cereals!! Goodness, I'm gonna become a bloated balloon diabetic soon.

Alright, the new month brings with it events to look forward to, such as CNY and going home!!!

Good night people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home