Sunday, March 11, 2007

1 more week to the much-needed break.

Nothing of major significance happened this week. As mentioned in the previous post, I've reached a "better bored than busy" stage.

Anything worth noting was a bit of an indulgent spree during the last weekday of the week. Bought 2 packs of maltesers, a pack of 10 2-finger kit-kats and 4 fairtrade chocolate bars. Life of debauchery indeed.

On Saturday, I attended my 2nd ever retreat at Fr Iain's Carmelite Priory. It was a lot more fun this time as the group was bigger. We talked about St John of the Cross, had a light lunch and a final prayer session. Sure beat locking myself up in my miserable jail cell of a room and trying to study on a Saturday afternoon.




Cry for help from the window



Playing with the pulpit.

Then on Sunday, Anu the Tabla pro came down. We had a Hare and Tortoise lunch, followed by a trip to Tower Hill.


Close-up shot of the Gherkin. It looks even more Phallic if you ask me. Scarily so.


Some "castle" like structure near Tower Bridge.

We decided to go on this cruise along the Thames, which took us from Tower Hill to Greenwich

The bridge never looked this cool.


Canary Wharf. The land of big banks and symbol of internships for university students.





Greenwich. We only spent 20 minutes there.


Parting shot of Greenwich. I'm sure I'll be back here someday.

I leave you guys with images/pictures of monuments you probably have seen before. Cheers to the Easter Break!!




2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yo bro! hahaha thanks for the pic of CW... heard a ton about it, and I could hardly accurately picture it! :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Dave Richards said...

Hey lovely pics...thanks for posting them...they are absolutely wonderful...and well since Easter is also coming up in a while you can also visit my blog on Easter Greetings sometimes and share all the fun and laughter it's filled up with!!!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home