Saturday, October 11, 2008

Your's truly has finally, finally, finally decided to put an entry on his blog. Sorry to all my DFRs for the long hiatus, I just got caught up with my life (ha!) and forgot all about this.

So begins my third and final year of my undergraduate degree at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Having mixed feelings about what could potentially be my last year in London. To be fair, I have grown to like this place quite a fair bit: unfriendly people, crap weather, rubbish air quality, milk that causes stomach upsets (list is not exhaustive). But now I wonder whether it might be a wise decision for me to either return home after graduating, or to explore (and possibly settle down in) someplace new.

I guess I should just focus on doing well in school for now, something for which I have lost all drive and motivation...

School has pretty much started, and I am thinking of switching courses, more because my current timetable sucks than anything else. You can quite tell I'm more focused on enjoying my last year than enjoying school itself. The usual events that mark the start of the academic season (Freshers' Fayre, moving in etc) have passed, and we're now down to the bread and butter of it. I'm still trying to adjust, hopefully I'll settle in soon enough.

I know I sound like school's been quite a chore, but it has not been that bad really. A real morale booster was this new addition to my lifestylie:



The Nespresso Machine. Easy for making fresh, authentic espressos, and quickly too. Just pop the capsule into the machine, press a button and out comes the coffee. The capsules themselves cost 26-29p, which is pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Another morale-boosting highlight was watching Travis for the 2nd time in just over a year! And this time, their performance was much more energetic, a band known for belting out melancholic rock tunes at their sublime best.


Haha, check out the Orange R2D2 amp! I thought that he might suddenly come to life and do the Domo Arigato Mr Roboto on stage.


Exceptional. I was so happy they played re-offender, they didn't play it the last time round. And I have to say their new album, Ode to J Smith, is a pretty good one too.

The set at the Astoria Theatre. I used to suspect this place might be a bit dodgy, but turns out it was quite a good venue, much cosier than the likes of the Wembley Arena and the O2. I've yet to visit the latter, but I'll be there in February to watch Keane, incidentally also for the 2nd time.

Well take care all, hope that all is well. You shall year again from me very soon, I promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger carol said...

i see you bought the coffee machine afterall! good job! :p
enjoy the cold in the mean time...!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home