Saturday, October 27, 2007

Good evening my dear fellow faithful readers

I apologise for having ignored you for so long.

One of the main reasons (or excuses) for my absence was the start of term. While it was mildly comforting to exercise the brain and to be out and about for something purposeful once again, I am admittedly finding it challenging to adjust back to that kind of lifestyle after such a long time-out.

As per the beginning of the previous academic year, I have started getting involved in this supposedly boring and time-wasting sport we call cricket. Well, it certainly wasn't either of the above for me. This indoor session, organised by a friend of mine living in the same hall, took place at an indoor sports complex Canary Wharf, which I evidently never knew existed. In fact, that was my first ever visit to that part of the City. Cricket itself was amazingly tiring, yet amazingly satisfying. My bowling was alright I guess, and batting was a reasonable improvement from the LSE trials of last year. Best of all, this was the first ever proper stress-free cricket I have ever played. The ache I experienced on the left side of my body the following morning was sure worth the session.

Living at NH has its perks. For instance, having a kitchen does enable me to prepare my own meals and hence save a fair bit of cash. While my repetoire is limited and I have only cooked a few times thus far, I feel that I am at least good at what I have cooked:


Pasta Bolognese (which was made using canned tomatoes and not bottled pasta sauce)


Minced Lamb Fried Rice

Alright, nothing too impressive to all you gourmet chefs out there. Still, it's a more than decent try if you ask me.

There was also a "Last Supper" (don't ask me why it was so-called) on one of the weeknights, and we had a very good dinner Spread!!




Look at the spread. The Cote d'or ice cream was simply out of this world.

The final major highlight during the week was probably a trip to the city of Cardiff, capital of Wales. A big "thank you" to the organisers of the trip (you know who you are), and my apologies for arriving late on Saturday morning.



The city itself was good for a day-trip, nothing more. While Cardiff Castle did have some fascinating history to it, it was on the whole a disappointment. We did have a very witty tour-guide, but the Castle still failed to impress on the whole. The food was mediocre too, nothing too different from what you might get in London pubs.


Rarebit (NOT rabbit) toast for starters. It was just cheese and some tomato-based sauce on toasted bread. Simple Enough.


The main course was, however, a tad too salty. These huge brown meatballs in sauce are called "Faggots". Again, don't ask me how this name came about. The first bite tasted like heaven, but by the 7th bite I felt like I had been assalted.




Shots at Cardiff Bay. We took a bus to Cardiff Bay, which was the highlight of the day in my opinion. This part of the city was surprisingly modern, and the city planners have done a superb job I must say.



Roald Dahl Plass. I did know that he was part-English and part-Norwegian, but I never knew he was born in Cardiff. No Giant Peach or Chocolate Factory here unfortunately.


The last photo I took before leaving Cardiff. Yes, I do like to admire sleek cars with funky number-plates.

I hope this post has satisfied you guys for now, and I promise to blog more regularly in future. Promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Get latest car number plates collection from National Numbers in UK.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home