Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hello my DFRs

Time really flies and term ends in barely one-and-a-half weeks. A lot has happened in the past two weeks and the Easter Break can't come soon enough.

About a week ago, I popped in to Maison Malinowski at Covent Garden for some brunch. Well the food was alright, but a tad too expensive. I will probably go there again, though not anytime soon.

This was some kind of potato omelette, almost like rosti. It was alright, reasonably filling, but as mentioned it cost a little too much.

For the first time in quite a long while, I actually ventured out of my comfort zone (that is Zone One of Central London, pun intended). I have to say, while there are stories about how dangerous London can be, Canada Water during the day was quite a cool place to visit. The weather was perfect, and I took my time to enjoy the surrounding atmosphere. Needless to say, I will definitely be coming back to this place which is a 40-minute bus ride away from where I live.

The trip, which was incidentally meant to be for shopping purposes, yielded a pair of running tights and some groceries. One of the highlights of the trip was a visit to a Giant Tescos, which was possibly up to 5 times or more the size of the largest Tesco Metro in Central London. This thus meant encountering items which I have never before seen in any other Tesco.


I wonder if these are Whiskey-flavoured.


Ah a Slovak friend of mine is crazy over these, and I have to say that even though they weren't all that authentic, they are after all made in Thailand, and they taste pretty damn good.

Well unfortunately, I don't have very many photos this time around, but I leave you with a familiar sight - the view from the top of Regent's Park. I did put up a similar picture exactly a year ago, if you look under the entries for March 2007 you might see it.


The sky this time was slightly cloudier. This photograph was taken in the late morning, whereas the one from last year was taken in the afternoon.

Well, I'll be back soon my dear readers. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home