Monday, December 10, 2007

Hey there my Dear Faithful Readers!

We are now into the last week of term as I speak, and the winter break can't come soon enough. The previous week, Week 9, was pretty hectic for me. Of less significance to me was the fact that I burst my budget. Always inevitable (as I have experienced last year) whenever the end of term approaches.

One of the main reasons for my high level of expenditure was the fact that I ate out quite a bit, and one of the reasons for me eating out was that the good man Josh was over from Oxford for a day. We had a good Indian dinner at the Tavistock Tandoori Restaurant (formerly known as Hot Chilli), then being the Gunner Fan that he is, we headed to the Emirates after dinner (i.e I acoompanied him on his mini pilgrimage).


Royal Salute.


Well, as a Man Utd fan myself, I have to say I was hugely impressed with the Emirates and its sheer majesty. As Josh continually re-iterated, there is a "friendly rivalry" between us when it comes to football. I mean, only one English team has gone 49 matches unbeaten in the EPL, and only one English team has ever won The Treble.


Yes, I was indeed dressed specially for the occasion.

On Friday of Week 9, it was the annual Newman House Christmas Party. This was the second year in a row that I was attending the party, even though I was not a resident last year. The dinner was wonderful, even though I was sitting with several unfamiliar faces (actually that probably made it all the more interesting). Alcohol does wonderful things to your head, and for some people (like myself), it removes mental blocks from your head, enabling you to come up with the most profound discoveries ever, such as the David Vera Theorem of Alcohol Abstinence, and the Vera-Witajewski Curve of Alcohol consumption. Marvellous.





Pictures of 1. My table; 2. Foie Gras; 3. The main course - Turkey with stuffing, veggies, bacon and a sausage; 4. Christmas pudding with custard sauce.

On the whole, it was a blast of an evening. A perfect way to end of a hectic and tiring week. The total amount of alcohol consumed included 10 glasses of wine, 2 gin and tonics, 1 tequila shot and a JD coke. Best of all, I was able to help clean up after the party was over. Mathematically speaking, if I were to plot a graph of "how tipsy I felt" on the vertical axis vs "how much alcohol I consumed" on the horizontal axis, as the amount of alcohol I consumed tended to infinity, the level of tipsiness approaced the "drunk" threshold from below, without me actually getting drunk i.e the "Drunk" threshold level of tipsiness was a horizontal asymptote.

Well that's week 9 in a nutshell. My "interesting pic of the week" is as follows:


The main character of the Bee Movie.

Well, it's just 4 more days to the end of term (and Rome). I hope everything will bee fine. I should get to see you one last time before the festivities begin. Until then, see you guys later.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home