Monday, November 19, 2007

So begins the Seventh week of term.

During the 7th week of term last year, I was talking about wanting to watch musicals, taking my maiden bus journey in London and finding ways to save money. Not much has changed since. There are still several musicals I would like to watch, I hardly take the bus these days and I am trying to be thrifty.

Week 6 was when the blustery weather really hit me. While I was fortunate enough not to have fallen terribly ill, I did experience poor appetite and the lack of solid sleep. You could say this was not exactly a happy week for me, but I am still thankful for the people around for their support and understanding, and I would like to apologise to anyone that I might have offended / pissed off along the way.

One aspect of life at the LSE I am especially grateful for is the quality of the lecturers. This year, the lecturers and class tutors are much better than in year 1, which kind of makes sense if you think about it. The following lecture slide shows how the lecturer recruited "Dora the Explorer" to try and teach us calculus. Brilliant.


The best part of the week was when it ended. Friday was Fish-n-chips day! Some of us headed to "The Rock and Sole Plaice" for a good fish-n-chip dinner. The meal was huge and while my appetite was not great, all I can say is rock (a type of shark meat) totally rocked!


Then on Saturday, Marcel and I headed to Hampstead for Saturday walkabout and some Belgian Chocolate Hazlenut Cream Crunch Crepes that were absolutely out of this world.



That was our lunch.

On the whole I had quite a good weekend. Cai parties are the bomb and we should have them more often.

Week 7 has just started. Time to prepare for the arrival of the Winter break.

Bonne semaine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home